Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Portland

We wanted to visit Portland sometime during our stay in the NW. Danielle had never been and the last time I was there was in 2004. I didn't love Portland at the time...I had just just moved to San Francisco and everywhere else paled in comparison to my beloved city by the bay. In my more recent quest to find a place to settle, Portland had been creeping its way up my list of possible cities. We decided to go during pride weekend and kill two birds with one stone.

On our first venture into downtown, I was verbally assaulted by a drunk outside of a bar at 10:30 am. Not off to a good start...but the rest of the weekend went smoothly and I think that I would really love it there, if not for the rain. I just can't get past the gloomy gray skies. We did enjoy our trip though and crammed a lot into one weekend: meatless chicken, waterfalls, pride events, Chris Pureka & Andrea Gibson on the same stage back to back, rose gardens, and a lot of walking around to discover neighborhoods.

Gorge on the way to Multnomah Falls


Multnomah Falls...beautiful

Rose Garden


View from the waterside in downtown Portland

No comments: