Sunday, July 26, 2009

Plans

My assignment here in Port Angeles is regretfully over at the end of August. I have been offered and extension but have decided to stick to the original plan of heading back to FL and staying through the holidays. Its too soon to interview with anyone but the plan is to get an assignment close enough to PSL to drive home for the weekends. I am not looking forward to the heat...I've spent my entire summer between 60 and 70 degrees...but I am looking forward to seeing the family and exploring the natural side of FL. There are so many places I've never seen.

We are going to take the northern route home, stopping at Mt. Rushmore, then head south through the Appalachians, stopping in Asheville for a few days to determine its potential for permanent residency. We have been traveling not only to see the country but also to find a place that we want to settle. We haven't come to an agreement on the perfect place...but we are both discovering what we want. Unfortunately our opinions seem to be going in different directions. I loved Flagstaff and Port Angeles, two smaller sized mountain towns with national parks nearby, tons of outdoor activities, and adorable little downtown areas. Danielle is into larger cities with more culture & diversity and really liked Tacoma. I'm hoping that Asheville is going to be a good combination of the two.

No comments: